Stacey is a fabulous PG County Realtor who really cares about her clients. The only thing I can add to the post below that the funds for the Dream Program are first come first serve! Don't wait until Feb 18 to put in an offer!! Also, there are a lot of folks looking at these properties, if you want to do this, you will have to act FAST and have a strong offer including a strong lender pre-approval letter.
Let me know if we can help!
PS Stacey and I are teaming up with Marvel Title company to offer a First Time Home Buyer Seminar on February 23rd, 2010. Just because you missed the Dream Program doesn't mean it's not STILL a great time to buy a home! Call 410-960-2061 to pre-register.
The time to be a first-time Home Buyer in Prince George's County, MD is NOW!
There are many incentives to buy a house that are available right now, however, many of these incentives are expected to change or come to an end in the near future.
- Downpayment on your dream program is a downpayment and closing cost assistance program valued at up to $20,000.
- To be eligible, a buyer must be a first-time home-buyer and purchase a vacant, foreclosure in one of 33 target zipcode in Prince George's County.
- Deadline for application is February 19, 2010. Funding will be awared on a first completed application, first served basis until all funds have been disbursed.
- $8000 tax credit offered by the federal government
- To qualify the purchaser must be a first-time home-buyer
- The home must be under contract by April 30, 2010 and must close by June 30, 2010
- Changes are coming to the FHA lending rules beginning in April 2010. These changes will impact downpayments and other up-front costs associated with buying a home.
- The upfront mortgage insurance premium (UFMIP) will increase to 2.25 percent up from 1.75 percent.
- Borrowers with a credit score below 580 will be required to have at least a 10% down payment. The minimum down payment will remain at 3.5% for all other borrowers.
- Seller concessions will be reduced from 6% to 3%
First-time Home Buyers, there is still time to take advantage of these programs and incentives before the deadlines or the aniticapted changes occur.
If you are interested in buying a home in Prince George's County, MD please give Stacey-Ann Baugh a call!
Dr. Stacey-Ann Baugh
EOP Real Estate, LLC
FINALLY! A DOCTOR WHO MAKES HOUSE-CALLS!
Bridget McGee Maryland Mortgage Mama NMLS# 196068 SWBC Mortgage. 410-960-2061 EHO firstname.lastname@example.org or www.marylandmortgagemama.com
If you are considering purchasing a home in Maryland and want to be sure you are mortgage ready, my brother Tony and I will be happy to help! We help to make the mortgage process a pleasure!
If you already own your home, we are happy to provide a no-cost mortgage review to help you to determine if refinancing may be in your best interest. Please contact me at 410-960-2061.