HARP Extended One Year to 2016
Per Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae announcements, the implementation of the Home Affordable Refinance Program® (HARP) will be extended through December 31, 2016. The program had been set to expire on December 31, 2015.
As of December 2014 there were still more than 600,000 borrowers nationwide who would benefit from a HARP loan. In Maryland there are more than 17,000 loans that would benefit! Not sure what folks are waiting for! Are you eligible?
What are the basic eligibility requirements?
- Current on your mortgage, with no 30-day+ late payments in the last six months and no more than one in the past 12 months
- Primary residence, 2nd homes and 1-4 unit investment properties
- LOAN is owned by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae. You can use the Loan Look-up Tools below if you are unsure.
- Loan was originated on or before May 31, 2009
- Current loan to value (LTV) ratio must be greater than 80% (a non-HARP refinance may work if you have equity)
How do I know if my mortgage is owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac? Confirm with a local lender, information needs to be input correctly and you may get the wrong answer if it's not!
Loan Look-up Tool:
Call: 800-7FANNIE (8 am to 8 pm ET)
Loan Look-up Tool:
Call: 800-FREDDIE (8 am to 8 pm ET)
Even if you tried when the program first came out, if you meet the above requirements you may quailfy now!
HARP Extended To December 31, 2016
Bridget McGee Maryland Mortgage Mama NMLS# 196068 SWBC Mortgage. 410-960-2061 EHO email@example.com or www.marylandmortgagemama.com
If you are considering purchasing a home in Maryland and want to be sure you are mortgage ready, my brother Tony and I will be happy to help! We help to make the mortgage process a pleasure!
If you already own your home, we are happy to provide a no-cost mortgage review to help you to determine if refinancing may be in your best interest. Please contact me at 410-960-2061.