Question: I am considering buying a new home in Baltimore County, MD. How do I find out what school my child will attend?
1. Go to the Baltimore County Public Schools website at www.bcps.org
2. Click on Parents/Families
3. Click on Find Schools by Home address
4. This will bring you to the school boundries page. Enter the address of the home you are interested in and it will tell you what schools serve where the home is zoned
Where can I get information about the schools?
1. You can contact the schools directly using this link to find the contact information.
2. Visit http://www.greatschools.org/maryland/baltimore/ to get parent, teacher and student ratings. You can also find out about pre-schools, private and charter schools on this site.
3. Visit www.schooltree.org for statistics. Please note, I do not know the accuracy of the statistics or how often they are updated.
4. Ask questions of parents in the area you are interested in. Often folks will have VERY strong opinions based on personal opinion.
If you are considering purchasing a home in Maryland and want to be sure you are mortgage ready, my brother Tony and I will be happy to help! We help to make the mortgage process a pleasure!
If you already own your home, we are happy to provide a no-cost mortgage review to help you to determine if refinancing may be in your best interest. Please contact me at 410-960-2061.