Everybody always wants to know about how points are awarded on ActiveRain. When teaching a class on blogging in the Rain yesterday with Ellie McIntire, I ran across this post. Hopefully this helps you as much as it helped me.
Thanks for posting this breakdown!
Maryland Mortgage Mama
ActiveRain points are earned based on a member's individual activities and efforts. Points are accumulated over the course of the calendar week which starts Monday morning at 12:00am Pacific Time, and ends Sunday night at 11:59pm Pacific Time.
The following are some ways you can earn points and move up the "Featured Member" ladder in your local area:
- 200 points for each blog post
(Max 10 per week) (50 word minimum required)
- 25 additional points when post is added to channels with a topic
- 400 points for Featured Post on ActiveRain.com
(Excludes posts featured in ActiveRain groups)
- 25 points for each comment
(Max 10 Per Day) (Comments on your own posts excluded)
- 25 points for each reBlogged post
(Max 10 per week - these do not include your own posts)
- ActiveRain profile points
(Building your ActiveRain profile will build points)
- Received comments on blog posts
(No blog post to exceed 475 pts.)
- 100 points awarded for logging in to ActiveRain each day
(This applies 7 days a week)
- 250 points when someone accepts your ActiveRain invitation
(Must sign up under Member's Invite Code)
- 10% of total points earned by new members invited by you
(Example: invited member earns 1000 pts. - you earn 100 pts.)
- ActiveRain and member approved contests - points will vary
(These show up as "Bonus Points" in your Point Summary)
- Staff awarded bonus points - these are issued by the ActiveRain staff
(Member Humanitarian, Paying It Forward, Helping Others, etc.)
Weekly Point Scenario: The potential of points available per week, per member would be as follows: 1750 for max comments, 2000 for max blog posts, 700 for logging in daily, 250 for adding to Channels/Topics, and 250 for max reBlogged posts. The weekly potential of points would be 4950 (this does not include Featured Posts, comments received, invitation and percentage points, contests, and staff-awarded bonus points.)
Bridget McGee Maryland Mortgage Mama NMLS# 196068 SWBC Mortgage. 410-960-2061 EHO email@example.com or www.marylandmortgagemama.com
If you are considering purchasing a home in Maryland and want to be sure you are mortgage ready, my brother Tony and I will be happy to help! We help to make the mortgage process a pleasure!
If you already own your home, we are happy to provide a no-cost mortgage review to help you to determine if refinancing may be in your best interest. Please contact me at 410-960-2061.